EN Standard Steel Plate
Leeco Steel offers structural steel plate that meets the European standard for structural steel. We carry EN 10025: 2004, in grades of S235, S275, S355, S420, S690 and S890.
The EN 10025: 2004 encompasses a broader range of structural metallic products and divides them into six basic categories:
- General Purpose Steels
- Non-alloy Structural Steels
- Normalized / Normalized-Rolled Weldable Fine Grain Structural Steels
- Thermo Mechanically-Rolled Weldable Fine Grain Structural Steel
- Atmospheric Corrosion Resistant Structural Steel ("Weathering Steel")
- High Strength, Quenched and Tempered Structural Steel
Within these six categories are individual grades. The foundation of each grade within the EN 10025 standard is the material’s tested yield strength measured in megapascals (1 MPa = .145 ksi). Each structural steel grade begins with an "S" and is followed by suffixes that represent variations in the specific requirement for that structural application.
"S" - structural steel
"355" - 355 MPa / 51,486 PSI
"K2" - Longitudinal Charpy V-notch Impact 40 J @ -20 degrees C
"C" - Grade suitable for cold forming
"+N" - supply condition normalized or normalized rolled