ASTM A710 Low-Carbon Quenched & Tempered Steel Plate
Low-carbon A710 steel plate is an age hardening, alloy steel used where weight reduction, ease of fabrication and reduced welding costs are important.
- Low-carbon, high-yield steel grade that undergoes age hardening (also known as precipitation hardening) to increase yield and tensile strength.
- Available in two specifications: A (Class 1, Class 2, Class 3) and B (Class 1, Class 2, Class 3).
- Age hardening process results in increased yield and tensile strength, enhanced toughness and improved machinability.
- Common applications include the manufacturing of jack-up rigs, construction equipment, rail cars, truck frames, piping components and shipbuilding.
- Yield and tensile strengths vary depending on thickness and rolled conditions.
- Mill test reports are supplied with each order.
Leeco® Steel stocks the following standard sizes, but other sizes may be available for special orders.
|Grade A - Class 1||1/4" – 3/4"||48" – 120"||Up to 480"|
|Grade A - Class 2 & 3||1/4" – 8"||48" – 120"||Up to 480"|
|Grade B||1/4" – 2"||48" – 120"||Up to 480"|
The following material properties are ASTM specifications and will be confirmed on the Mill Test Report.
|Grade||Yield Point (ksi)||Tensile Strength (ksi)||Min. 2” Elongation %|
The following composition properties are ASTM specifications for A710 grades.