ASTM A606 Corrosion-Resistant Steel Sheet
ASTM A606 steel sheet is desirable in conditions where corrosion resistance is required.
- Corrosion-resistant structural steel sheet that has a high durability.
- Available in three types: Type II, Type IV (most common) and Type V.
- Available as hot-rolled and cold-rolled, but Leeco only supplies hot-rolled.
- Often referred to as Corten or Weathering steel.
- In addition to carbon, manganese, sulfur and copper, Type IV may contain other alloying elements to further resist corrosion at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- Charpy test requirements may be requested.
- May be certified to meet multiple standards on Mill Test Report, but guaranteed to be certified to meet A606 standards.
Leeco® Steel stocks the following standard sizes, but other sizes may be available for special orders.
|A606 Type II & IV||3/16" – 3/4"||48" – 96"||Up to 480"|
The following material properties are ASTM specifications and will be confirmed on the Mill Test Report
|Grade||Yield Point (ksi)||Tensile Strength (ksi)||Min. 2” Elongation %|
|Type II & IV – As-rolled||50||70||22|
|Type II & IV – Annealed or normalized||45||65||22|
The following composition properties are ASTM specifications for these A606 grades. Note that Type IV may contain additional alloy elements to resist corrosion at the discretion of the manufacturer.
|Type II & IV|