AR500 Steel Plates
AR500 abrasion resistant steel plate offers high surface hardness for excessive wear and high-impact applications.
- Abrasion resistant steel plate grade used in high-wear applications, such as in mining equipment and concrete handling.
- Surface hardness can range between 470-540 BNH.
- Possesses excellent resistance to slide wear, rub wear and heavy wear.
- Can withstand high-impact stresses, even at extremely low temperatures.
- While often requested for ammunition target surfaces, AR500 is not certified for ballistic use. Browse Leeco Steel’s Military & Ballistic steel grades for military-certified ballistic steel plate.
- Composition and hardening processes differ between mills. Mill test reports are supplied with each order.
Learn more about abrasion-resistant steel and the differences between AR400, AR450 and AR500.
Leeco® Steel stocks the following standard sizes, but other sizes may be available for special orders.
|AR500||3/16" – 2"||48" – 96"||Up to 480"|