AR500 Steel Plates
AR500 abrasion resistant steel plate offers high surface hardness for excessive wear and high-impact applications.
- Abrasion resistant steel plate grade used in high-wear applications, such as in mining equipment and concrete handling.
- Surface hardness can range between 470-540 BNH.
- Possesses excellent resistance to slide wear, rub wear and heavy wear.
- Can withstand high-impact stresses, even at extremely low temperatures.
- Composition and hardening processes differ between mills. Mill test reports are supplied with each order.
Learn more about abrasion-resistant steel and the differences between AR400, AR450 and AR500.
Looking For Mil-Spec?
While often requested for ammunition target surfaces, AR500 steel plate is not certified for ballistic use. Browse Leeco Steel’s Military & Ballistic steel grades for military-certified ballistic steel plate.
Leeco® Steel stocks the following standard sizes of AR500 steel plate, but other sizes may be available for special orders.
||3/16" – 2"
||48" – 96"
||Up to 480"