S690 Steel Plate
S690 Fine Grain Structural Steel Plate
S690 steel plate is a high strength, quenched and tempered fine-grain structural steel. With minimum yield strength of 690 N/mm2, this grade is intended for structural applications where weight savings is important. It’s a EN specification designed to achieve a 100 ksi minimum yield point. The specification itself is comparable to some ASTM standards (i.e. A514), but it is not required to comply with exactly the same tolerances. The tolerances for S690 plates can be found in EN10029 and EN10064.
- Quenched and tempered to achieve a fine grain and increase hardness and strength.
- Yield strength of 690 MPa.
- Used in structures bearing extremely heavy loads, such as bridges, offshore drilling rigs and buildings, as well as in heavy construction equipment and cranes.
- Meets European structural steel standard EN 10025:2004.
- Comparable to ASTM A514, but not required to comply with exactly the same tolerances.
- Due to quickly shifting inventory with this grade of structural steel, please inquire about available sizes.